Import other cubase projects into exisiting projects?

How can we Import other cubase projects into exisiting projects , like import session date in pro tools?

You can do that pretty easily.

It’s something I couldnt find into the manual of Cubase and I had to find it on google, I’m not sure
many people knows this feature.

I would do it like this :

1)Open the session you want to copy tracks TO .
2)Open the session you want to copy the tracks FROM.

Consequently, Session 2) will be the only one activated and session one will be deactivated.

Now, if you want to copy an audio track, just select all the audio events/regions located on this particular track
then do a left-click , drag’n’drop to the second session in the background, and BAM, all the audio events of this track are going to be copied to the second session. More interesting, inserts, automations, name of the track, are also going to be imported.

It works the same for midi track, just select the midi regions, drag’n’drop to the second session, and off you go.

Now , here comes the really interesting part , it also works for instrument track !!!
That means, if you have tons of instrument tracks, just select the midi events located on these tracks, drag’n’drop to the second session, and you’re going to have the midi tracks copied, AND the VST instruments with all their patch loaded ( including insert FX ) , totally amazing.

I made a video demonstrating the process :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7whrb0zol93a4y/import%20session%20cubase.mp4

Just noticed a small bug as you can see on the video, it hides the mute and solo button on the first channel of the instrument track, and deselect midi input “no midi input”, on the first channel of an instrument track.
This is solved by just closing all the sessions and reopen the imported track sessions.

Have fun , RP

This was wonderful news and for the video, too…Thanks!

Very good,thanks!