Important Cool feature which I am still missing in Cubase6

I don’t think that it is not that what he wants. If saw once that in Logic or Protools one can import ANY data from another project…Without opening that project. One can “browse” a(n) (unopened) project end take any aspect of that project and apply it or import it into the active project…

I think that is indeed rather cool…

Hugo

"When you mix a metal band practically all drums, bass and guitars have exact same settings through the whole album, maybe even vocals… "
…and just there you became ‘unique’… if a feature is genre specific, it would only be welcomed if the genre were popular…where I’m from, for example, Metal is not, but world music and jazz is, …my point being that maybe this ‘feature’ is not so important for all of us?

…my point being that maybe this ‘feature’ is not so important for all of us?

Probably not, but even if you mix a rock album I guess starting
point for at least drums and bass would be the same through the
album, so such feature would still be very useful for many, no?

That answer is so contradictory I’m putting it on the wall. :mrgreen: Do you work for the state department?
I guess anything one doesn’t have is “cool”.

Very true and yet albums do get done even usuing Cubase. I think that with a little thinking out of the box you (and I, if I get time to dwell on it) could find a way to save some mixing time using existing programming.

What if you just Alt drag your tracks down (creates duplicate new track/s) and see how that works for you.
However, the permutations are getting to me but a template built like this might do the job you want.

I’m also totally misssing a feature like this.
I wanna try what vic_france said though.
Its just annoying to bounce everything and copy it back into that template from the first song. And if the parts are not consolidated everything is shifted after importing.
When I track bands myself I mostly record everything in one big session.

To describe metal and rock as a not popular genre is absurd btw.

Yes I’ve seen this also. When recording as a band in a Pro Tools studio after spending time getting things right on the first song the engineer could transfer what seemed like any settings from that into new projects opened for subsequent songs.

Even as a starting point seems like a good idea as once the drums and bass were set they pretty much carried into each song.

You could also explore the function “Export Selected Tracks”/“Import Track Archive”.

Eh, No I don’t, but English is not my native language so I goes some things I am trying to say do not come across how I intended them.

But not seeing anything contradictory in what I am saying here…

Simple: " browser" kind of thing in active project that let you “browse” other project for plugins/ data/ settings one wants to import into the current project.

I just started a thread asking how to make a track preset of a midi track+vsti+multi outs of that vsti…Getting the impression it is not possible…How daft is that and how “cool” would it be I would just have to extract this from another project…

I must admit I haven’t explored these options but simply commenting how easy this seems to be in Pro Tools without having to export anything from a project.

Yes, it’s certainly easier in PT. Could do with something that imports projects like that in Cb.

Mike.

I think most of do this by starting with a selection of templates - eg rock band

This will contain all the tracks you usually need in a session - drums, bass, guitars etc - already routed into groups with our favourite plugs, FX and so on.

As the session progresses, the basic template gets altered for each song - more tracks, different effects… I find the mix is often more than half done before I sit down to mix it for real.

BUT once I mix the first song, I realise there is a perfect setting for the bass - EQ, FX, all that… so when I finish the first song, I save the Bass channel (or group - I usually put most of the EQ and effects on the group) and then - wait for it -

Save Settings for the channel/group.

Next song, Load settings for the bass channel/group, and I’ve got the same sound right there.

There is also "save entire mixer settings’ but that’s less useful than individual channels because you seldom want to copy everything.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, Hugo.

I don’t think that it is not that what he wants

Just caught my funnybone.

But there are probably ways of doing this in Cubase. If we can find the right button to push.

Edit: I think ffg’s found the right button for this job.

Maybe a thread (sticky?) entitled “Cool stuff other programs have got.” is what is sometimes called for.

Hey, no problem.

I see that what I wrote makes no sense, haha…Indeed worth a sticky :mrgreen:

I usually criticize people who say such things on television for example. I am the first to say: that makes no sense, learn to make a sentence mrn.

Et voila, I did it myself…

Hugo

Thats generally the way I do it too.