Continuing the discussion from Importing Superior Drummer 3 MIDI Into Dorico?:
It appears that an imported percussion kit doesn’t convert percussion playback techniques into noteheads. A kit built from scratch does not appear to this issue. The kit in the attached project is Drum Set (full), minus woodblocks and cowbell, and plus one more tom-tom.
- Open the attached project.
- Export MIDI and export the percussion kit.
- Setup mode: Create a new solo player and import the percussion kit.
- Write mode: Delete the music.
- Play mode: Drag the MIDI into each of the kits at measure 1.
You’ll see that the original kit recreates the music exactly as it was written, while the imported kit does not.
percussion_kit_export_issue.dorico (657.9 KB)