Importing a stereo WAV file to a mono track problem...

Hi guys,

I’m recording a mono mic signal from a Focurite ISA One preamp into a Roland SD-2U digital recorder using the line input, left only, but the Roland SD-2U always creates a stereo WAV file regardless of the signal to only one channel.

My question is, once imported into Cubase, I can’t then remove the ‘spare’ channel from the mono track. Even when I import it into a mono track, it still has two channels… The spare channel also contains a small amount of noise, therefore don’t want to combine it with the other channel…

Any ideas would be very appreciated, I have tired and read everything with no joy…

Thanks

Cubase doesn’t have an internal split stereo track option…you can export to split stereo and reimport.

Or…You may find it simpler to do this in a wav editor like Audacity before importing to Cubase.

Maybe have a look at the stereo flip function in the Audio Processing section!

Thanks for the replies…

The Stereo Flip Subtract will do the job, if I record to the Right hand channel, then Mono Downmix when I export, it’s not exactly what I was looking for, but it will work.

I still think it would be a nice feature to just be able to ‘right click’ the ‘not required’ channel and delete, you can do that to a track, so why not a channel…??

Cheers…