Importing Keyswitches in Expression Maps

Hi all,

There was a video on YT showing how to import all key switches from East West Opus instruments into Cubase in single click, as far as I remember the instrument should support VST 3 standard. I will leave the link at the end. The feature is extremely useful since some of those Opus instruments have over 20 articulations and creating a map from scratch and for each instrument takes days and weeks!
I was not able to recreate that scenario and many other Cubase users (I use 11 Pro) could not either. Any ideas or solutions?
Greatly appreciated

2 Likes

Not seen that work like that before but I like the idea.- I have nearly 300 maps and it’s taken me ages to build them all! I wish I new about that feature!!!

AFAIK the current Opus version has a bug regarding this feature, they were supposed to reeled an update that should have been fixed this but I’m on the latest version and it still doesn’t work. Have a look at this thread

Hey all,

Is this bug still an issue? I can’t seem to find how to get expression maps loaded from Opus to Nuendo.

Not an issue anymore, work like a charm, weird thing is when you have Opus installed it shows as VST instrument twice under East West, one instance directly inside the folder (which does not import KS), second in a subfolder called Sampler, that one works fine.

1 Like

The one that is able to export Keyswitches to Cubase is the VST3 version, the VST2 version is not able to do it

1 Like

Okay, thank you. Sorry for the noob question haha but how do I check which VST version I have?

under plug in both should have three slashes next to them but you can also go to Plugin Manager and check under VST Instrument and find Opus, it will tell you which versions you have, you should download the latest version anyway

1 Like

Thanks so much!