Importing midi files into Cubasis, parameter

Greetings, Please your help and support with the following, when importing Yamaha PSR midi files into Cubasis, are the main parameters maintained? Controllers events, change events, Voice selected for that channel? sysEx Messages? Is there a way to edit or change in some way some of those parameters in order to export back the midi file to the keyboard?

thanks.

Hi @bhergar56,

Thank you for your message.

So far we did not try to import Yamaha PSR MIDI files with Cubasis.
Nevertheless, I will try to share the topic with our colleagues at Yamaha.

Thanks
& stay safe,
Lars

Thank you Lars for your concern and help, as told before, one of my main purpose for using Cubasis is the possibility to make some adjustments and edit simple things in midi files that I have and use in the psr sx900, the idea is to have a better and easier app to be able to make these changes and take back the files to the keyboard without the posibility to loose some things. I’ll be looking and investigating around before taking any decision. Obviously Cubasis will help me with other topics, but this is important and I think it is for other keyboard users. Thanks again Lars.

Best regards.

Hi @bhergar56,

Shared the topic with our colleagues at Yamaha.
Please note that it might take some time until we receive a feedback.

Best,
Lars

1 Like

Hi @bhergar56,

Below please find the feedback provided by our colleagues from Yamaha.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

To edit SMF files in Cubasis on iPad, please follow these steps:

1. get a SMF file from Yamaha PSR via USB memory,
  2. connect USB Memory to PC, and copy it.
  3. Send SMF file to iPad via Dropbox or mail,

---- edit SMF file on Cubasis

1. return back edited SMF file to PC via Dropbox or mail
  2. copy edited SMF file to USB memory
  3. return back edited SMF file to Yamaha PSR via USB memory

Thanks a lot Lars, yes I understand now tha way that I can take back and forward a midi file between the ipad (cubasis) and the Yamaha psr in order to edit or make some arrangements/adjustments to the file. I do not know exactly about the some ways or what parameters of the imported file that can be edited in the Cubasis software, my main concern is the sysex and control parameters, any thoughts?. Also I would like to know if I can use the Yamaha psr sx900 as a sound module with Cubasis, using an iPad of course, are all the instruments and parameters behave correctly? Sorry to ask this, but I was looking a video that shows that you must import some patch for Genos intrument when using the Cubase PC software, don’t know if you have to do the same whe using iPads.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and support, very kind.

Best regards

Bernardo.

Hi @bhergar56,

Thanks for your message.

Please find the list of available MIDI CC parameters in the Key editor chapter of the Cubasis in-app help. Here is the link to the Key editor chapter in the additional Cubasis online help version.

Hope that help!

Best,
Lars

Thanks, Lars I’m now getting all the picture to understand the Cubasis software and how I can get the most of it for my needs. Please let me also ask you the following:

If I have cc 6 (volume), is it posible to edit all tracks, at the same time to include at the end of each one, to lower the volume to cero.? Fade out.

Can I include/edit lyrics in the midi files?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions, jeje.

Best regards.

Hi @bhergar56,

Thanks for your message.

If I have cc 6 (volume), is it posible to edit all tracks, at the same time to include at the end of each one, to lower the volume to cero.? Fade out.

Would suggest to use automation to do this.
To put it short:
(1) Open the mixer.
(2) Tap the “W” button.
(3) Run playback and move the master fader.

Can I include/edit lyrics in the midi files?

No, this is not possible.

But you can easily add lyrics in the “Notepad” section of a track, which is located as a separate Inspector tab, located on the left to the tracklist/arranger.

In case you’ve missed it, I strongly suggest to check out our “Getting started with Cubasis” tutorial, where our good friend Dom Sigalas shares many useful tipps and tricks, while producing a full track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcFuk4z-eUQ.

Please note, that the YouTube description includes jump markers for dedicated chapters…

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Thanks a lot for clarifying all my doubts and concerns about how to use properly the app.

Regards.

1 Like

Hi @bhergar56,

Thanks a lot for clarifying all my doubts and concerns about how to use properly the app.

You are always welcome, glad to read that it helped!

Enjoy making music
& stay well,
Lars