Importing midi loop from EZ Drummer in Dorico 4.2

Hello,
Sorry if this been discussed before, I’m pretty sure I’ve read about it when I bought Dorico 3.5 but I’ve tried to search for it but couldn’t find the answer.

I’m in Dorico 4.2 and using EZdrummer. I want to drag a midi loop from EZdrummer to my drum track in play mode but nothing happens. I was able to do this on my old computer in Dorico 3,5, I’m pretty sure I changed something in preferences to be able to do that but I can’t find the solution.

I have loaded my “kit” and drum map I made on my old computer.

The only way I can do this right now is to drag the loop into write mode, then the midi import options show and imports it to a new project, I then have to copy the notes go back to my project and paste.

What should I do to be able to import it in play mode in my project?

Again sorry if there’s more threads with the same topic, did my best to find the one I read last time I had this problem.

You can’t currently drag and drop MIDI loops from plug-ins (or indeed MIDI regions from Cubase) into Play mode in Dorico 4 – this is something that has not yet been re-implemented in the new Play mode following its complete rebuild. But it will be reinstated soon, hopefully in our next update at the end of the summer or in the early autumn.

1 Like

If you import via the File menu instead of dragging, you will get more
Options for importing in the current file. (top right in the import dialog)

Thank you for the answers, that explains why I couldn’t solve it :sweat_smile: No biggie but looking forward to the update, the new drum editor is great for making loops quick so I find myself going that way now :slight_smile: