Importing ProTools split files to stereo track in cubase

I have some tracks I want to remix - most are stereo and are called track1.L.wav and track1.R.wav

Is there a way I can get cubase to import these and treat them as a single stereo track, with out having to pan, export and re-import?

I seem to have tried all the options in the import dialog split options, and all the topics I can find here relate to getting split files out of cubase.

Cheers

No…you’ll have to convert them first. What o/s??

EDIT…just to add if you actually own protools you could redo the export as interleaved.

Thanks Grim - on windows but have macs also. No protools. Have tools that can do it, was just hoping that cubase was able to do it in one go.

Cheers

In Nuendo it’s

Project
Convert tracks

DG

Sadly not…if the tools you have don’t work out for any reason here are a couple of free batch converters

De-Interleaver is a little freeware app that will interleave and also split files the other way.

There is also this for windows but it was written some time ago and hasn’t been updated so not sure how it’s holding up.

http://www.railjonrogut.com/Interleaver.zip

This will convert a mono file to a stereo interleaved file, but it won’t take file.L and file.R and combine them into interleaved stereo.

Cubase must work differently to Nuendo in that regard then.

DG

Hm. I did check this in Nuendo 6.0.7, I did not notice anything different about that dialog, compared to Cubase. I’m wondering what I missed. DG, could you fill me in on this?

I’m confused…I don’t see any Convert Tracks function in Cubase…either in the programme or in the manual.

Import 2 split stereo tracks into session
Shift Select them
Project
Convert tracks
Mono to multi-Channel

Source tracks = selected tracks
Options = whatever you like
Destination format = Stereo

DG

Ach du liebe Zeit!. It is I who am confused. It’s right there where you said it is. :blush:

Thanks, DG.

It’s right there where you said it is.

Still not getting it…I can only assume you are looking at Nuendo only and not Cubase.

Yes, Nuendo.

No problem. I only know because I’ve had years of dealing with Pro Tools’ incorrect nomenclature and been moaning for a workaround.

DG