Importing tempo / signature maps onto a project?

Hey all!

So I’ve kind of had this problem for years with Cubase. Let’s say I have a project that already has an existing tempo and signature map. I’d like to be able to set my left locator sometime AFTER the existing information, and then IMPORT a MIDI file (which of course contains tempo and signature information) to that location. Now, whenever I’ve attempted this, the MIDI usually comes through just fine. What does NOT come through is tempo and signature info. BUT - when you import MIDI files and CREATE A NEW PROJECT, all comes through just fine. Why is this?

Is there a setting or a preference that I’m simply not ticking off that would allow me to do this? Or is this something that Cubase just doesn’t do? I can of course transfer everything manually, but that’s kind of a PITA when you have to do many of these that contain complex tempo maps. I would love to be able to just set the left locator, and be able to import an entire project intact onto an existing project. Possible?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have exactly the same experience. I haven’t found any solution.

Maybe you have the option in Preferences>MIDI>MIDI File>Import Options, “Ignore Master Track Events on Merge” active?

Ignore Master Track Events on Merge is definitely part of the solution you need. If you want the tempo events to begin at other than the start and cannot get the tempo events to merge into the existing earlier tempo events (you may be able to do that, but I’m not sure), you can easily import the MIDI (including tempo) into a new temporary project and then copy and paste the tempo into its ultimate destination. I do this sort of thing all the time and it works flawlessly.

… you activate the option in Preferences>MIDI>MIDI File>Import Options>“Import to Left Locator” :wink:.

Thanks for the tip, vic_france.