Impossible to remove a track

Hi everybody,
I’m workin’ on a project in my new Cubase 10.5 (I upgraded from 7.5) with various audio and instrument tracks; I originally created an Absynth track but now I don’t want it no more: everytime I try to delete it with the command “remove selected tracks” Cubase crashes and I have to restart it…
Thank you for helping me,
arfo

Hi,

Maybe try to remove the VSTi first, set it to No VST Instrument. Then remove the track.

I encountered similar behavior (on a Mac Pro 6,1 Late 2013)…

CUBASE AI 10.5.20 ON MACOS 10.14.6 HANGS WHEN:

• Deleting the last Absynth5 VSTi instance when Absynth5 Stereo VSTi, Absynth5 FX or Absynth5 FX Surround is present in the project
  • Deleting the last FM8 VSTi when FM8 FX is present in the project

CUBASE AI 10.5.20 ON MACOS 10.14.6 CRASHES WHEN:

• Deleting the last Reaktor5 VSTi instance when Reaktor5 FX is present in the project

Arfo, are you on Windows or MacOS? Which OS version exactly? And is it Cubase Pro?

Martin, your suggestion doesn’t provide a workaround. Same behavior persists.

Thank you both,
sorry for my delay…
@ underwatersunlight: what do you mean with Cubase AI?
I had my gear listed in the user signature, in the old forum, but now it’seems it’s vanished…
I have MavMIni late 2012, 250Gb ssd, i7 quad core, 16 Gb ram, MOTU 828mkII fw, various plugins like Absynth, Battery 4, Izotope 9, Alloy 2… I also use Live 10 standard version
@Martin: as underwater says there’s no result in trying to select no vst, Cubase crashes when I try it…
At the end I left the track unused and continued the project…
arfo

I retested with Cubase AI update 10.5.30 - no changes, crashes all the same.