I have some issues that I think would be very helpful for Cubase users. Here they are:
1. Deleting the entry from the Projects list: Now when you delete an entry, it will also delete the original project file. That’s no good. One should be able to delete entries on the New Project window without having to delete the project file. Say, like, you have renamed your project file and the old name still sticks there. One should be able to delete it by right-clicking and selecting “delete entry”. I have several reasons to declare this and I don’t wanna write them all down here, but even child knows that one should be able to delete - and rearrange - the entries in the New Project window.
2. Selecting an area of non-edited curve and adjusting it. There are lots of times and occurrances when I want to adjust the volume of a single area. I would like to be able to choose that single area and adjust the volume (or whatever) of that selected area only. And I mean that there initially would be NO EDIT POINTS PRESENT. Now I have done this so that I have marked the start and the end point of the area plus the points where I want the volume curve to apply. That’s too complicated. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to select an area and adjusting that area only?
3. Adjusting an over-all volume Now when the track has automation curve on volume it’s quite cumbersome changing the over-all volume of the track. Like if selecting all the tracks and putting them a bit lower since the master volume kicks over, then it would apply to only those tracks that have no volume automation. Those tracks WITH volume automation are completely ignored. I have told you this before, but even a lousy software called SawPlus32 had that “master” volume setting and I just can’t believe that Cubase doesn’t have it. It could be a default choice of editing and if you would like to edit the per-track individual settings then you would have to press somekind of “show automation” button on the track editing area. It sucks counting all the tracks where you have this volume automation on and having to adjust them individually. Also when one would like to adjust the over-all volume of an automated track, it’s too damn hard selecting all the entry points and adjusting them. I’m sure you will agree.
4. RAMPS for MIDI single note adjustment: When you edit a single note in MIDI channel you only get this bunch of dots regulating, say, volume. There should be a capability to do RAMPS just like in all the other areas of Cubase. Don’t you agree?
5. Cubase to remember each project’s output settings COMPLETELY: I hate when I change a project from mixing (where output file is WAV of course) to mastering (where the output file I wanna be MP3) and Cubase won’t remember those settings per project. I hate having to change this output format every time since I tend to forget to change that and I often write the output file as in wrong format. Like I have earlier done mastering to MP3 and that’s a whole new project and when I change to the mixing project the default output again shows MP3. Not a big thing but I would recommend nCubase remembering that choice per project. At least I wouldn’t have to do everything twice.
Here they were. Hope that this makes a difference.