Improvement Request: Dorico Pro 3 Bottom Panel Text

Hello Dorico team,
I have request for visual improvement of the text objects in the Bottom Panel.
My screen is QuadHD (2560x1440) and the DPI is 125% (which is great for this resolution). Unfortunately
the text objects in the Bottom Panel are small and dark, which makes the reading painful.
Please, do something to make them easier for reading! :slight_smile: Probably make them bigger, or white (when the Dark Theme is selected).
Check the screenshot below.

Best regards,
Thurisaz

See here. Your DPI scaling may be set to 125%, but currently Dorico is actually rounding down to 100%. In the forthcoming update Dorico will correctly scale to 125%, which should make this easier to read.

Leo hello,
Thank you for the reply! :slight_smile:
Still would be better if they make the text brighter, because even on 100% scaling is enough easy for reading.

Greetings :slight_smile:

The Dorico user interface has been carefully designed such that all of the colours used provide sufficient contrast to meet the “AAA” (i.e. toughest) W3C accessibility rating. You might find the “light” theme provides contrast that you find easier to read, perhaps.

Hello Daniel,
Thank you for the reply! :slight_smile:
I’ve tried with the Light theme, it makes the text objects even harder for reading, than the Dark theme.
I hope the upcoming version will bring some improvement on this aspect. Since the Qt is improved… :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

The colours chosen for the text are completely within our purview and the version of Qt we’re using has no bearing upon them (as Leo alludes to in his previous message, it’s the size on high-DPI monitors that will be affected by the next update). As things stand we have no plans to change the colours of the text used in the Properties panel.

Hello Dorico crew,
Congratulations for the new 3.1 version! :slight_smile: I can say BRAVO BRAVISSIMO to all of you! :slight_smile:
Now all text objects in the Properties Panel are easily readable at DPI of 125% and it’s no more painful to my eyes! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much guys! :slight_smile:

Best wishes and respect,
Thurisaz