"-" in chord symbol Is very small

Hello community!
I have a problem with dimension of “-” in chord symbol.
It Is very small, in all the options (apice, pedice, baseline).
How can I enlarge It?
Thank you!

Someone can help me please? :slight_smile:

Hi Italyuser
Are you talking about the n-dash used to make minor chords?

Yes!!!
Thank you Marc

Open the Engraving Options dialog, go to the Chord Symbols page, and scroll to the very bottom, and click ‘Edit’ to open the Project Default Chord Symbol Appearance dialog.

In the dialog that appears, enter a minor chord in the box at the top-left corner of the dialog, e.g. C-. Click the + button and you’ll see the chord symbol shown in the main editor area on the right. Select the minus sign component of the chord symbol in the editor. The minus sign component will also be shown as selected in the grid of components below the editor. Click the pencil icon to edit this component.

A second dialog opens: in here you can edit the appearance of the minus sign to be however you want it to look, e.g. increase its scale factor, or use a different font character.

Confirm this dialog and its parent. Now whenever you have a minor chord that uses the minus sign, it will use your edited component.

Thank you very much Daniel!!!

I just went into editing the project default chord symbols for the first time.
I had a Gm69 chord where I wanted to show 9 stacked above 6, without a dividing line and enlarged, and both of them within a pair of long brackets.

That worked fine, but I found that I needed to repeat the process for an Em69 chord in an alto sax part that was created in layouts using Clef and transposition overrides.

Also, it seems that while these changes can be made for a single project there’s no way to transfer them to other projects.

Is there a difference between changing a single component and rearranging several of them?

have you tried to modify 6 and 9 with the procedure indicated by Daniel? at this moment I am away from the PC and I cannot help you.

the only thing I can recommend is to save a file with your changes (and read-only flag) to use it as a template

@Italyuser many thanks for your reply.
Yes, I was using Daniel’s method, but my change involved much more complicated rearrangement of the symbol,so maybe that explains the difference in the result.

I realise now it was probably a mistake to add to this older post, so after testing this more I’ll post in the more recent thread.

sorry, I was in a hurry and I attached an old post without giving explanations.

Doric has an infinite series of sub-functionalities, and if you don’t use them frequently it’s easy to know “how to do” a certain thing.

in the forum there is a feature that I use often, the bookmark. allows you to always find the important things you have marked.

first press the three dots at the bottom right

After clic here

And save

That’s a great new forum tip for me.
Many thanks!
David.