In need of a Cubase expert / co-mixing engineer

Hello Steinloungers!

I’ve been a Cubaser since v8, now have v11. TBH, I didn’t do a great deal of research before choosing it as my main DAW, I bought a license back in 2013 because Cubase happened to be the program also used by the guy that I expected would be mixing my band’s debut album. BUT by the time the record was actually recorded and ready to mix at the end of 2014, he was unavailable. Yet I’d grown to like (and had become competent enough with) Cubase in the meantime, and since then haven’t felt any pressing need to switch to Logic or ProTools… except when it comes time to ask for help with mixing, where Cubase (at least statistically, throughout my enquires thus far) seems to place a pretty distant third in terms of industry standards…

I take a great deal of time working on my tracks, getting things just the way I want them, so the idea of having to export stems for use in some other DAW, and thus giving up control over all of my finely tuned parameters / tempo mapping, etc. has pretty much lost all appeal. I DO want someone else’s ear in the mix, because I’m well aware of my own shortcomings when it comes to creating a pleasing overall instrumental / vocal balance and getting various EQ’s just right (properly mixing a drum kit, for example, remains a mystery to me), but after these adjustments have been made, I need the steering wheel back, for multiple reasons: 1) many of my tracks-currently-in-progress will feature guest artists who have yet to contribute their parts, requiring a second mixing pass once those have been comped/integrated, and 2) almost all of the tracks are fairly lengthy, in the 5-10 minute range, and I’m going to need to make multiple different edits of them for singles, instrumentals, etc, not all of which would be as simple as cutting a finished mixdown into pieces and stitching them back together.

So this post constitutes my first reach into the Steinbergsphere in search of assistance. I have a budget and would not expect such technical help for free, but I understand my needs are slightly more particular than the average home-recording artist. I’d love to find someone I can click with creatively, and whoever that might be would find themselves on the receiving end of an ongoing stream of singles and EPs, which honestly has no end in sight at this point. The first dozen or so songs were recorded with my live band (before they were scattered to the four winds during the pandemic), a more or less traditional rock quartet, then after that things will get somewhat more experimental…

If you’d like to hear that aforementioned debut album, please check it out on any streaming service: We are (or rather, we were, and now I am) the Wrong Windows, and the album is Days of Yore. Most links can be found at wrongwindows.rocks. I’m not necessarily looking for more of the same in terms of our previous sound, but this will at least give you a good idea in terms of a starting point.