"in Time"

I reckon someone else should sing this, I sound awful… but its kinda personal so I guess that won’t happen. Anyway, I originally wrote this one some years ago… putting myself in my mum’s shoes, when my Dad passed away…

In Time

that’s a straight up and down very good song…enjoyed listening…Kevin

i dont think you sound awful at all, i haven’t heard them for a while but from what i remember there was a band that was pretty big in the ninties called cast, i think you sound like their singer

Nicely done. Heartfelt. No complaints about your singing at all. Harmonies are excellent. That thing that shoots across is a little distracting, whatever it is. But it sounds great overall.

Thanks Kevin :slight_smile:

I just checked out the Cast… never heard of them but I quite like what I heard! I can hear the vocal similarities - its a kinda ‘thin’ sounding voice. It really suits their style of music… and I guess my voice works ok (mostly) on the songs I do under The Stragglers banner but for this more ballad-type of song… well I’m not so sure. I ended up listening more to there vocal mix actually… :wink: Critically I might add!

Thanks. :slight_smile: Yeah, maybe I should tame that ‘shooting thing’ a tad! :smiley:

Reminds me a bit of the style of some of the lighter, Beatle’s inspired Ozzy Osbourne songs. Good job with the writing and the production :slight_smile: I thought it sounded good too.

I really like this tune very heart felt, think the vocals really help it sound real and if you wrote for your Mother you should sing :slight_smile:I lost my father young and it was a ruff time for us all. :bulb: Don’t know if you’d consider this but I would love to also a hear an unplugged version with just vocal and one acoustic instrument.

Hello!
Thanks for sharing this track.
I agree on your voice not sounding bad at all. In fact I think that I like it because of its very “personal” sound.
I just like to give a quick comment on the strings: I thing that they somehow sound to “thick” covering other parts too much. Additionally I’m wondering if doing a “unisono” part together with the lead vocal line is a good idea. I’m not convinced :wink:
“Unplugged version” sound good to me too… may be with a slight slower tempo… a real ballad

Regard,
cubcri

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated :slight_smile:

Don’t know if you’d consider this but I would love to also a hear an unplugged version with just vocal and one acoustic instrument.

I guess piano and vocal would be the obvious choice. Definitely doable. I’m awareI tend to want to hide myself in fuller arrangements! :wink:

I just like to give a quick comment on the strings: I thing that they somehow sound to “thick” covering other parts too much.

Hmmm… yup, strings might work well as a string quartet actually; probably be a little more intimate I guess which may suit better. Easy enough to implement! :sunglasses:

but…

:slight_smile:

Very nice! I think your voice is just fine – fits this type of music. Nice mix, too. The only part I’m not real hip on is how the strings double the vocal melody. Oh, and the snare is pretty good, too :laughing:

:sunglasses:

I love it!

:sunglasses: