Incompatibility Error in 5.0.10 (solved)

merry christmas to you too!
Got lost in the flow :slight_smile:

1 Like

… smells like Windows 7? Correct? Win7 is not supported. I know older version were runnable on that Operating System, but Version 4.0.45 is not compatible with Windows 7.

See you,
Michael.

maybe but it says ‘Already installed’ when Mike runs the update

and Merry Christmas Michael :slight_smile:

Good morning Musicullen and Merry Christmas.

“Somebody tries to connect to you, but uses an incompatible version.” is exactly the error message I am receiving.

I am NOT on W7 (lol). However, I do see that my laptop is running W10 V1909 while my Studio PC is running W10 V20H2. So, there is a version difference in the OS. I’d be surprised if this was part of the issue, but shouldn’t rule it out.

Doc - I will get back to your comments here in just a moment.

WOOHOO!!! Mission accomplished here lads.

Doc - it seems I hadn’t successfully downloaded/installed the 4.0.45 VST Connect PRO. That is done and I have the machines connected.

Now to figure out how in the heck alla this cool stuff works. We need to bring 14 tracks of live drums in during this lock down that starts tonight. There seems to be a TON of video tutorial stuff available online. The entertaining part will be watching this old man trying to lock it all down.

1 Like

excellent - gonna mark this solved.

My advice is jump in at the deep end - read / watch the documentation - then report back here if you have questions. It’s quite a steep learning curve so don’t get disheartened.

probably best to start a new thread for further issues…

merry christmas (or whatever winter festival you celebrate)

1 Like

It’s Christmas here in our household. I have the pleasure of helping our youngest install some LED lighting. Likely I will start my dive later this evening.

Can’t express my thanks enough that you guys were on here today. I look forward to additional conversation once I’m in the pool. And 1005, I will open a new thread if n when (mostly when!).

Merry Christmas (or whatever winter festival you celebrate), back at you both :)!

1 Like

and Merry Christmas to you, Dr. S. :slight_smile:

1 Like