Increase size of “Ped.” text marking?

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but is there an easy way to increase the size of the “Ped.” text marking (not the fancy Ped. glyphs)? It seems like maybe it’s tied to the Playing Techniques Text, and I don’t want to increase all of those, just that one marking. It looks too small to my eyes.

Thanks for your time.

No, there’s no way to influence the size of those symbols alone, I’m afraid, for similar reasons why you can’t influence the size of the 8va/15ma etc. markings at the start of octave lines. The way they’re drawn they don’t follow e.g. the scale factor you can apply in the Engrave > Music Symbols dialog. You could scale the whole line up a bit using the ‘Custom scale’ property, but I don’t know whether this will give you exactly the result you want.

Thanks for the reply, Daniel! I’ll see if I can use the Custom scale property to get them to look the way I want. It looks like they’re even 10% smaller than other playing techniques text, now that I compare directly. I hope some day we’ll get more abilities to style these Ped. text markings! The way you’ve handled pedaling in general is so completely amazing, I’m in awe of it.

If I understand correctly, you are asking about the textual Ped. start sign. That uses the Pedal Line Font (not the Playing Technique Font) which you can change under Engrave / Font Style menu. And indeed, the default Pedal Font size is 10pt whereas the Playing Technique Font is 11pt, so it is about 10% smaller.

András, thank you! Yes, that’s exactly what I was asking about — Pedal Line font style! Perfect, thanks so much.

This program gets more remarkable every day…