Independent vs. Alternate Mode in UR28M (I am so :oops:)

Hi -

I think I have to admit defeat and reach out for some help …

I absolutely cannot understand the wording in the UR28M manual describing the differences between the two modes, I keep thinking I do, then I realize I’m still :question:

Can someone please give one or two “real world” examples of when alternate mode would be better than independent … and vice versa?

Thanks -

Signed,

:blush:

Alternate Mode is by far the more commonly used mode, typically allowing you to play your selected Mix on any of three monitor pairs (or other devices)
Independent mode is usually used for multichannel outputs - typically 5.1 surround in which the three mixes can be sent simultaneously and seperately to the outputs. It can also be used for more involved mixing, especially mixing OTB and when using many external effects.
The following link will explain how it is set up . it is perhaps not so obvious.

1 Like

Thank you, Brihar!

So, Alternate = One (MIX) at a Time, choosing to send it to any output.

Independent = More than 1 MIX being heard at one time, and involves “binding” one MIX to one OUTPUT.

Appreciate that, BriHar - you should be in on the manual rewrite when that occurs!

:laughing:

Just a further note Regarding the Independent Mode, a given mix can be associated - i.e. bound to any or all outputs simultaneously; a given output however can only be associated with a single mix at a time.

Great to know, that’s enough to keep me going for a while - thanks again BriHar!