Info on the METER

Where can I find info on the big meter in Nuendo? (the one you open in the right zone)

The RMS Max readout doesn’t correlate with any other meters I have except my on-board RME Digicheck stuff (RMS +3 disengaged).

It would be really good to know how this meter is calibrated.

Thanks in advance.

https://steinberg.help/nuendo/v8/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/loudness/loudness_master_meter_r.html?hl=room%2Cmeters

Thanks for this. But it doesn’t explain why the Nuendo Master Meter RMS levels, RME Digicheck and others don’t always match. Clearly there is a discrepancy on RMS calculation between meters. I’m not talking about +3 or EBU levels, just pure music RMS levels.

Probably the difference of using a sine or a square wave for calibration. If there’s a 3dB discrepancy this is probably what has happened.

That’s just the thing. It isn’t a 3dB discrepancy. RMS peak differences vary. When I get chance I’ll load up a few meters and note the differences.

RMS Max means just that. The RMS max value on the master meter displays the maximum RMS level and NOT a historic cumulative RMS level. Other meters may show a historic cumulative RMS value, hence the differences.

I’m aware of that…

Then why do Hawkeye, BX Meter, Ozone and Adapter display different RMS MAX levels to the Master Meter?

I tried with the Nuendo meters and BX_meter and they both displayed the same values here. Are you sure you’ve set the Nuendo meter to Digital Scale?

Perhaps they use a different time window to calculate the value but I suspect they’re not showing RMS max. Twelve twelve isn’t seeing the same result as you for the BX meter. And as far as I know the BX meter is a cumulative reading and NOT RMS max. In my opinion, there is no issue with the Nuendo master meter.

I can’t spend any more time on this. Good luck.

Thanks.

It’s not that there’s a problem, I’d just like to know from the ‘powers-that-be’