Initializing never finish

Hi, this is technical question about Cubase 9.5 (hope it is ok to post it here) ok the problem started when i was setting up cubase to scan another folder when starting up (I wanted my Toontrack drums) I have done this a few times before, but this time it wouldn’t add on the list for folders to scan,so i tried a couple of different folders, but nothing happend. When i restarted Cubase it initialize forever, it scans a lot of folders, it has initialized for at least six hours. I have tried to start cubase in safe mode and i have done a reinstall, but it didn’t solve the problem. I did a complete unistall, but that didn’t fix it either?! Is there a way to stop this initialize manually? or any other solutions?

Hi and welcome,

Trash Cubase preferences. Thanks to this, Cubase will scan just the standard folders. If it will not help, the faulty plug-in is in one of the standard folders and you have to remove it.

Thanks for the reply Martin, but I don’t understand what you mean with Tras Cubase preferences? could you pls explain. But yes, im after just scanning the standard folders.

Hi,

Sorry, typo. Trash Cubase preferences.

Rename preferences folder: %AppData% Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase X folder.

Thanks Martin, I try this:)