Initializing: Video output devices...!SOLVED...sort of

Hi all,
If this is a known issue then excuse me (haven’t been on this board for a while). Every time CB6 loads, it goes very fast through the initializing process, everything just fly’s by (SSD,s can make a difference… :wink: ) but then it sits for a full 3/4 mins chewing on “Initializing: Video output devices”, I don’t have any of them in my system, what is it actually initializing and is there a way to “bypass” this function…can’t be my graphics card surely. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Apart from that, I am enjoying CB6 a lot, haven’t come across any downside yet :smiley:

have you heard back on this one yet?

I’m having the same problem. CB6 loads fine until “Video output Devices” starts to load. Thin it’s stuck for like 3-6 minutes. After CB6 loads and works fine. Is there a way to shut this off or bypass it. I’m not using CB^ for video’s just Audio. Thanks for the help.

No, I have not resolved this issue yet, even though I have tried re-installing several times-it does not go away. It is not a huge problem, but it is annoying having to wait for it to “initialise video output devices” for 3/5 mins when I have none on my system…

Which garphics cards and motherboards are you using? Have you tried installing the “standard vga adapter” driver?

/A

Graphics cards is a Nvidia GTX 460, motherboard is an ASUS Commando, no I haven’t tried installing the standard VGA adapter, does it support 1920 x 1200?

Nope, doesn’t support 1920x1200 and windows only reports 8 MB graphics memory so you wouldn’t want to run it permanently, but if Cubase launches without delay then at least you know where to start looking.

/A

The guy in this thread found a way to disable the Cb video engine…not sure if this could help?
Obviously no good if you need video support.

I tried removing the videoengine.dll, and lo and behold, it worked…so now it starts up in just 30 seconds or so, no hold ups.
Thanks to Grim for the information :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :smiley: