Input problem with zoom H4n on cubase LE 9.2 (windows 10)

Hi everybody,

I bought a zoom H4n coming with Cubase LE. I installed the 9.5 version as it was the only one working on my laptop with windows 10.
Then I tried to use the zoom as an audio interface as it should also do this.
There we go.

All the routing is correctly done. I have input signal on the main entrance but when I create an audio track for recording, though the input bus is the same on the track inspector as the one in the audio configuration panel (the one that opens with F4), nothing happens. No input signal comes to the new created audio track.

I searched a lot, I’ve been on that forum too and saw other people who got the same problem so I tried their solution when they had, but it still doesn’t work. I installed asio4all but it is worse with it (no input signal at all), I installed the zoom official driver and I have this problem of nothing can be recorded, though I have output signal when I activate the little speaker icon, but nothing is recorded. I also have input signal with the basic windows driver but nothing recorded.
I also check the configuration of the general sound system of the computer and on the asio driver apart from cubase but there was no problem with them. It’s only on the new created audio track in cubase.

I tried with audacity, I can record and everything works without anything for me to do… but I need cubase, not audacity.

So I wanted to send an e-mail to Steinberg support and that might be because I’m living in Japan (or not) but I couldn’t find any e-mail address to contact them.

My last option is to cry for help here, and I tell you, I’m more than just a beginner with this kind of thing, usually…

Thank you very much if you can help me on this one.

Hi and welcome,

Are you on Windows or Mac?

If you are on Windows, I would recommend to use ASIO4ALL instead of poor Zoom driver.

If you are on Mac: make sure Cubase has enabled Mic in the System Preferences, please.
Open macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone. Enable Cubase here.

Hi, I’m using Elements 11 and have the same problem as OP. As OP did, I installed ASIO4ALL, but I get no sound at all on that one. I’m on Windows.