Inputs not working Cubase 11, Macbook Pro (2014), Big Sur, PreSonos Audiobox USB 96

I’m hobbyist user, not an engineer, so please keep advice simple and link me to instructions if possible.

Have used the audiobox with Cubase Elements 8 with no problem, but it wouldn’t run after I installed Big Sur, so I downloaded the 30 day trial version of Cubase Elements 11. This problem seems to have started with Big Sur–however, the audiobox works fine to record using Audacity.

I followed all directions in Steinberg manual for setting up devices using Studio Setup. The Audio Box driver shows up in ASIO box and is selected, the 2 inputs show up (L and R) as visible and active (the color is yellow, outputs are light blue, and show up as 1 and 2).

On the active track, the input routing shows input routing to Mono (audiobox L…etc). I hear sound through headphones pluggd into the audio box. When I enable record, no input levels show and when I start recording, though the track info turns red, nothing is recorded.

Hi,

Make sure Cubase has enabled Mic in the System Preferences, please.
Open macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone. Enable Cubase here.

2 Likes

done–problem solved. Thanks!

Thanks Martin…that helped me too!!

Thank you, you saved me as well ! Apparently, it’s a common mistake when updating Cubase to decline this weird request (allowing Cubase to access the mic) and then you forget it’s the cause of your problems !