Insane reactivation process

I am not “Steinberg people” I just offered to help. You can see who I am in my sig.

This forum is not the Tech Support Department, but there are people here, like me, who are willing to lend a hand.

Since you are manipulating Registry keys, you are a very advanced computer user, so hopefully this will make sense:

Cubase Elements and the ELC have dependencies that must be installed correctly in order to work. They depend on the registry to find the the dlls etc they need. It sounds like something in this area has gone wrong on your system.

yes, thank you, I stated in the PS that I understand that you’re not related to Steinberg, and I thank you.
I tried to understand if there is some kind of issue about dlls and registry, but I am not so advanced to understand this kind of things, so I’d need a support. What buggles me is how this process can be so hard, I understand that there is something wrong in my architecture, probably, but why is it necessary to have a elicenser controller, soft-elicenser, a license that must be linked to soft-elicenser, that must be created and so on? Does it make sense that Steinberg created a elcc-helper to solve an issue that is there since 2011? Why not solve that issue? And why create this kind of complex system if Steinberg is not ready to support users on it?

But this is just complaining after having spent DOZENS of hours and got response only by knd people like you and Martin.
Sincerely, what would you suggest me to do?
I am now installing a virtual machine only for this reason, to reinstall Cubase over there, transfer the licenses and some how get my Projects only to migrate them on another DAW, but obviously this is the last process I wanted to do…

This is not the approach I would take. If it were my machine that had such symptoms I would restore to a recent Restore Point. The approach you are taking is complicating matters, but it’s hard to help you troubleshoot.

I don’t agree with you. The machine has got no symptoms at all, everything works absolutely fine and every program works flawlessly. There are no hardware issues and no software issues. Everything is up to date. I periodically make virus scans and everything is clean. The only thing that does not work is the soft-licenser of Steinberg. I’m not even supposed to have a system backup, in all the worst scenarios a complete reinstall should fix the problem and there should be a list of requirements that - when met - guarantee that the software works. Not all the way around. At least this is what I meet in 99% of the software I use, and I’m an informatics professional.
And anyway, I DID a restore, using the data provided online to understand what to restore, and that did not work.
Anyway I’m installing Cubase a virtual machine, I hope to be able to access to my projects, then I’ll sell my license and forget this problem forever.
If I were paid for all the dozens of hours lost troubleshooting THEIR problems, I would have bought a ProTools license full.
Thanks for the help.

You say you did a ‘restore’, but to clarify, mainly for those who might find this thread via a search, it was a System Restore I suggested, certainly not what you described. I’ll also mention that all computer users should have a system backup, it’s an essential practice all users should do.

Since you have manually moved files and registry keys, it is not surprising that things don’t work,
While you are welcome to start a new topic, I’ll close this now.