I’m extremely late to this party. But hopefully this might still be useful to someone.
I tried to do this with my TouchOSC interface just now, and since I couldn’t find a solution online, I think I finally managed to come up with something that inserts a Marker and automatically renames it.
(Just keep in mind that this macro will rename any Markers in the timeline located beyond the selected one. So you’ll need to insert the Markers in chronological order. (Which works fine for me, since that’s usually the way it goes - verse, bridge, chorus etc etc). If you need additional Markers or memory locations later on, just insert these manually as usual. I haven’t had time to make a solution to this flaw. I guess if anyone wants to build on this, you could probably specify a locator range and apply naming within that range, or something to that effect.) Anyway…
This is the order of commands in the Macro that has to be created for each Marker:
- Create New Macro called something like “Add Marker: marker name”
- Add command: “Transport - Set Marker” (1 through 9, or as many as you need).
- Add a PLE script to Select Next Marker. This selects the Marker inserted in step 2.
- Add Second PLE script to rename the selected marker to whatever the Marker should say.
- Make a Key Command for this Macro and go to town.
- Repeat step 1-5 for every Marker you need in your project.
Here are screenshots of my PLE and Macro:
Hope this helps.