insert signature event at regular intervals

Hi list,

I’m using cubase 9.5 pro, and I’m having a long project in which I have a 4/4 time signature, except that I want to add a beat to every 8th bar.

So I want a time signature like this: 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 etc.

Now I can of course add a signature event on every 8th bar (of 5/4), and add again a 4/4 event on every 8th + 1 bar, but that is tedious, as the project is over 10 minutes and it will be a lot of work.

Is there a way to do this automatically, to insert a pattern of time signature events on the signature bar, without all the tedious adding by hand for the whole time range of the project?
The alternative is of course to just create a 33/4 time signature at the start of the project, but that is also tedious, having to work with these absurd high number of beats in a bar. Also, a 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 beat pattern feels more intuitive and easier to use than a 33/4.
Any help would be appreciated.

thanks, Rinke

On the Signature Track create one single instance of a complete cycle of your time changes. On an empty Track create a dummy MIDI Part the length of this cycle, i.e. 7 bars of 4/4 and 1 bar of 5/4. Now select your 2 Signature Events plus the MIDI Part and use ctrl+d (or the Repeat command) to duplicate as needed. When finished delete the dummy MIDI Parts.

thanks rodger, that worked!!