Inserti note and screen jump

Hello community!

Can you see a short video in this link, please?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/158C9zOoRw-2QE2b_-mtClCCf1YljxYvk/view?usp=drivesdk

Dorico do this very often…

There Is a solution?

Thank you very much!

We can’t “see a short video” unless you either make the link public, or manually approve each Google account request.

Thank you. Easy to reproduce but not something I’ve ever seen in (my) regular Dorico use. Inputting notes in Galley View is the obvious way to work around this.

Thank you pianoleo, but there Is a reason for this?

I have no idea.

I’d like to know if it’s only my problem

I’ve already told you it’s very easy to reproduce.

I can confirm that this is indeed a problem with how Dorico moves the next system into view, and that this will be much improved (though no doubt still not perfect) in the next version of Dorico. I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Thank you very much Daniel.!!!

I really appreciate your commitment

I am working on a the reduction of an orchestral piece into a seven-stave system. The majority of the time, all staves are visible and I want the visible bars to stay visible until most of the bars have notes in them. In this situation a high proportion of the automatic changes that I occasionally provoke unintentionally need to be reversed immediately, and I would make quicker progress if it were possible to switch off all automatic movement. I suspect there is no such facility, in which case this post is a low priority request for it to be provided in some future release. I don’t at present need any of the new 3.5 features, but this might encourage me to buy a future release if added to something else I wanted.

Ken, I’d be interested in seeing the specific situation you’re in. What is normally most helpful is the project itself, and a pair of before and after screenshots, showing where the score was positioned before and after the edit you made, plus specific details of the edit you made. That will allow us to investigate and potentially improve the situation.

Apologies for the delay. I’m having to learn how to get sensible screen shots from the monitor. So far I’m getting both screens on one screenshot. I expect I can still select what I want to show, despite several Windows “upgrades” since last time I did this.

It doesn’t really matter if the screenshots also show other windows as well as Dorico’s window(s): I just need to see the complete Dorico window before and after, along with the project you were using at the time, and details of what you did.