inserting some notes

Hello,

I am sorry if this has being already discussed on the forum.

On a large piece of music, what would be the best way to edit one of the first bars using insert mode without affecting all the bars to the end of the part?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I would insert a few empty bars, then use the System Track (with alt invoked to be able to select based on the rhythmic grid) and shift over everything by the needed amount.

If you’re only shifting material on a few staves, use Shift-click to select only that amount and move using Alt-L/R.

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your help. I did not really understand the first part:
“I would insert a few empty bars, then use the System Track (with alt invoked to be able to select based on the rhythmic grid) and shift over everything by the needed amount.”

I inserted a few bars but the music after the empty bars moved anyway. What would be the empty bars doing?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I should have been more clear, sorry. After you add the empty bars, don’t use insert mode, since it will indeed move everything for the remainer of the flow. Instead, make a selection that starts where where you want to add music and ends at he new empty bars, and move that selection towards the newly created empty bars using alt-right arrow. Then enter in the new music (again, NOT using insert mode). That’s how I would do it.

It would be nice if there were a way to specify a range of bars where insert mode would apply, but I don’t believe there is.

Thank you, Dan for sharing your knowledge.

Best regards,
Carlos