Inserts "e" button

As I’m watching the tutorials, Quick Start Chapter 6, I notice that my Cubase 7 lacks the “e” button in the inserts column. I can see the active FX in blue and when I pass the cursor there are thre buttons: Bypass (right), Select preset (down center) and Select insert (right). But the “e” to open the FX main window is not there. It is supossed to be under the name of the FX insert bu it’s not. This is also giving me troubles with the presets of the FX in use, sometimes when I open a project again I have to reload the FX plugin and set the preset again.

I’m on a Mac Mini, OSX 10.8.5, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB. Cubase 7.05

Hi, i am Cubase 7.5.1 , OSX 10.9.2

For me, there are also no “e” buttons in the fx insert slots, in the Edit Channel Settings Window.
Maybe Steini removed them after version 7.00, dunno really.
What i do know is that you can click on the name of an insert plugin and this will open the plugin’s Control Panel.

Yeah…you can just click pretty much anywhere on the insert slot other than on the “hidden” buttons to open the gui for editing.

This is also giving me troubles with the presets of the FX in use, sometimes when I open a project again I have to reload the FX plugin and set the preset again.

If you loaded a plug, selected a preset and saved the song then it should recall the same way…the change to the selection method isn’t the problem here.

Thanks for you replies, vanhaze3000 and Grim. I double clicked on the name and it showed up. The other problem must be a compatibility issue. It happens often with IK plugins (T-RackS). I’ll look in the IK page. Thanks again.

And annoyingly you can’t do that in the send efx. You have to negotiate a right hand click window. Why?