Inspector becomes unresponsive/freezes (due to UR44C)

I originally posted this in the hardware section of the forum.

Sometimes (a few times per day) when in Cubase the Inspector (where you add VST-effects to a channel) becomes unresponsive. When this happens, it is not possible to add any VST as the menu for that will not open.

The only workaround is to unplug the power to the UR44C and then plug it in again. ← tested and verified multiple times!

From the beginning, I thought it was a Cubase GUI, or mouse problem or maybe related to the GFX-drivers. I.e. all these things plus the Steinberg/Yamaha drivers are uninstalled and then re-installed. Still having the same problem (randomly).

Any guesses? What is the logic behind i.e. how can the sound card have this impact on Cubase?

Hi,

Make sure you have the very latest TOOLS, driver and Firmware installed, please.

Could you please use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, once Cubase hangs? Then share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

The logic is, UR44C has it’s own tab in the Cubase’s Inspector. So might be, something gets wrong there.

Hi thanks!
I’ve reinstalled Tools and the driver. I did update the firmware as soon as I got the u44c.
I’ll do some reading on how to use ProcDump.

P.S I did try the firmware update again and it says “The latest firmware is already installed”.