Inspector Drop-down Class Menus Not Collapsing/Expanding

I have suddenly started to have no ability to collapse or expand the different Track class menus in the Inspector. It is a terrible thing. They are very stubborn. When I click each track, sometimes different ones are open, such as “Inserts” or “Equalizers,” but I can’t collapse them OR scroll up and down to see the other ones. It’s as if the Inspector is frozen.

The same thing happened to me today(cubase 7)…did you get it figured out??

Hey I replied to your PM! For everyone’s info (because no one had an answer), just try restarting your laptop (with all hardware removed) and make sure to start Cubase with Steinberg drivers (plug in your box). :smiley:

Not sure if this is what did it, but restarting the computer usually works. I also had a bunch of updates on my Windows, so that could have been it.

Thanx for the response!
What you recommended worked for me too…thanx…mine might have been in connection with a guitar rig plugin(i had disabled their hardware application) or the latest windows update…i don’t know, but its back in action now.
I also received a fairly quick response from Steinberg support with more detailed steps that i didn’t need(this time). i’ll post this reply and theirs in the forum…
again, thanx!

from support:

First, please shut down Cubase. Then go to the Start menu, All Programs, Cubase 7, User Settings Data Folder. In the top address bar, you should see “App Data (roaming) Steinberg” Click on Steinberg at the top. This will put you in the Steinberg app data folder. Trash any Cubase or Nuendo folders that you see there. This will trash your key commands, preferences, sound card settings, etc. It also should help to clear up the problem you are having.

Next, download and install the latest Cubase 7.0.7 update from our public downloads page below:

Afterward restart your PC and then restart Cubase. You will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System).

Please reply to this email afterward and let me know if you still have the same problem. Thank you.

Joshua Matlock
Steinberg US Support