Inspector In Lower Zone Idea - Mockup Design

Yup, really like it :slight_smile:

I really like this idea. If this would include a way to scale the notes horizontal, it would really speed up my workflow writing down lists for all my hardware inserts! Steinberg, make it happen :star_struck:

Excellent, great idea and mockup !

As Rhino said, that would really be the best use of the lower zone so far !

+1

This is brilliant idea +1

+1
a great addition to lower zone :stuck_out_tongue:

Letā€™s keep this going and get it implemented! :slight_smile:

All about making Cubase better!

It looks nice, a lot like Ableton Live, and the wide RTA looks great, but one counter point to consider: Display monitors these days are catering to the needs of people who watch movies on them, and they are getting wider. That means Iā€™ve got a lot of horizontal real estate on my screen, but less vertical real estate than ever before. Iā€™ve got more horizontal space than I need for the project window, so I donā€™t mind having the inspector on the side so I can see the inspector, arrangement, and mixer at the same time.

I think itā€™s appealing to users who are tired of constantly mouse clicking to open and close the vertical inspector modules. Having it in the lower zone horizontaly would eliminate that monotony.
It would not replace the lower zone mixer but just add another tab. One could create a key command to toggle between the lower zone mixer and the lower zone inspector I suppose.

What you point out with your mock-up to is the fact the the inspector needs an overhaul. I like your idea as it remind some a bit of Ableton live. The current inspector view with its auto hiding click open auto close stuff is so annoying.

Just in case you didnā€™t know, if you Cmd-click to open a section, the other sections will not close.

Just in case you didnā€™t know, if you Cmd-click to open a section, the other sections will not close.

True, but you run out of real estate quickly within the vertical confines of the Inspector. Jamesā€™ solution solves that problemā€¦particularly if you want an immediate overview of the entire Inspectorā€™s contents with a single click. Just sayinā€™.

Nice work but canā€™t share the enthusiasm. Resize that lowerzone any smaller and it would be impossible to read anything without a magnifying glass.
Donā€™t need to see meters to tell me there is sound coming out of a channel. Donā€™t need Notepad, Quick controls, Chords open 24/7. Hold Ctrl/Cmd and you can open all of the sections in the inspector then do the scroll thing. The Inspector makes Cubase unique.

Looks great and also saves a lot of space that could be used for the arranger instead.

It feels weird at first butā€¦ It holds a lot of information! I could see this as an option to try and use what suits you best.

Love this - shame itā€™s unlikely to ever appear.

Lend a voiceā€¦get it done! :wink:

Youā€™ve got a popular idea on your handsā€¦

It would be nice to be able to see the Channel Settings in there too. Thereā€™s enough space if you donā€™t need every one of the Inspector tabs.

Yeah i could go for something like this, much better use of the lower zone imho.

Love this. The inspector really needs a revamp - too many controls are hidden under tabs which have to be expanded - resulting in additional mouse clicks -you mock up solves this by exposing these nicely in the LZ.