Install 6.5.3 over 6.5.4

Hi,

I mistakenly upgraded to 6.5.4 pre-release instead of 6.5.3 (clicked on the wrong download link, too busy to notice, big mistake) and I’m getting very frequent crashes of Cubase when closing a project (half of the time when closing a project Cubase starts beachballing and never stops). It seems to have something to do with disconnecting properly from VEP, but I’m not sure.

In the last couple of days I’ve saved several projects in the 6.5.4 format. Is it possible to (1) downgrade to 6.5.3 to see if the problem goes away and (2) open 6.5.4 sessions from 6.5.3? I’d rather not try this out without confirmation because I prefer restarting Cubase than making a total mess of my installation. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Is it possible to restore to a previous system point like in windows? Then you could just install 6.5.3

Not here, no…

Or even IN Windows7 Control Panel/Recovery/Restore point and go back to before Cubase 6.5.4 was installed.
:blush: Just spotted he’s on Lion.
So nothing similar there?
I did think this:

OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion include a feature called Recovery that includes all of the tools you need to reinstall OS X, repair your disk, and even restore from a Time Machine backup without the need for optical discs.

might do the trick. No?

When I replied “not here” I meant “not on my OSX machine” (cf. my signature).