Install Cubase 8 After 10?

Figured 10 forum was best for this since I have 10 and don’t want to break it. I don’t want this to turn into a “why can’t Steinberg keep supporting their old plugins” rant, but feel free to complain as I will gladly join in.

Ok, so I miss a lot of the old 32 bit plugins. I have 10, and have been going back to a lot of my old projects and can’t do anything with them because half the plugins are no longer supported anymore.

I’m thinking of resurrecting Cubase 8 to get my projects back in their original condition but afraid it will completely jack p the 10 installation. Any thought or experience with this?

Well I currently have Cubase 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5 & 10 all installed and have never had any issues opening up two different versions at the same time. So I don’t think there is any intrinsic problem.

But these were over the years installed in sequence so I never tried installing an earlier version after a later one is already installed - although there is no general reason that shouldn’t work.

You can give it a try and just to be safe make sure you do a system backup first (which we should all be doing on a regular basis) then set a recovery point and do your install. If anything is a problem you can revert to the recovery point.

Thanks Raino. I guess I’m worried about older versions of plugins and sound files installing over the newer ones in the common folders and such. I’m like you. I had multiple versions of Cubase installed all the way back to 4. Then I got a new machine and only bothered installing 10, not thinking about all my older projects I might want to revisit. :unamused:

Well… here goes nothing…

Everything seems fine so far. I just selected core application and set everything else to “No Change”. So happy to have Quadrafuzz V1 back!

Hey since you have all of them, can you check in either 8.5 or 9.5, when it was possible to add a track picture to multiple tracks? thanks.

you should be able to just select multiple tracks and do a quick double click in one of the tracks empty track picture boxes.

Also check if duplicating a track, duplicated the picture as well.

Yes in both 8.5 & 9.5

Also check if duplicating a track, duplicated the picture as well.

No in both 8.5 & 9.5

Thanks, so we did in fact have one that no longer works, and never had the other but should.