Install Failure with WLE8 8.0.2 Update

Hi - this is a similar posting to one posted Feb 1, 2011

So Far:
The original installation of WaveLab Elements 8 in May 2013 - No Problems.
But the installation of the update fails every time and rolls back. The message is: “Error changing registry data”.

From an earlier posting, I have followed the suggestions re: HKCR tree permissions, etc., and deleted the .ogg subkey 'OpenWithProgIds
The message: “Error changing registry data” continues.
Is there any other possibility?

• How would I determine which registry key is the culprit? And should I be doing other things to figure this out?

This is the 1st time I’ve had an issue installing any software. I’ve been lucky, I guess.

Win 7 Home Premium, Intel dual Quad processor 2.5GHz, 8G Ram, 500GB SATA HD, the usual components and maintained regularly.

Thank You for any suggestions!
RKnowles

Please ask Steinberg official support for this. I think this is likely an eLicenser error.

In the mean time, you could try this:
Copy the setup.exe, alone, somewhere on your system. Execute it from there.

Thank You for taking the time to reply, appreciate it.

I had copied the Setup.exe to the C-drive and then initiated installation from within the MMC console; and I had logged in w/full admin privileges. No success with installation of the update. Same error.

I did request support but have received no reply, not sure why their response is slow or there’s no intention of responding. Hence, attempting to find a solution through through this forum.

Thanks again for the reply -
RKnowles