Installation error

I’m getting an installation error message when I try to update v. 10.0.15 to 10.0.20 :
“An installation package for the product Steinberg Library
Manager cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid
copy of the installation package Steinberg Cubase Update”
I haven’t moved or deleted any files and my e-Licenser is up-to-date, I have downloaded the update from both the Cubase forum and also the Download Manager. This is the first problem I’ve ever had with Cubase updates but my charmed life has come to an end :smiley: Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
The Steinberg Library Manager itself is working fine.

If you have set windows to clean up from time to time, those old install files for the full Cubase install may very well be deleted.
Run the full installer, or do a repair.
In other words it is trying to update a file that can not be found and then tries to open the Cubasexxxx.msi full install package to extract those files.

1 Like

Now you come to mention it I did do a Windows clean-up recently, I’m surprised that Cubase is so fragile. Thanks for your reply, I’ll download the full package. Thanks for your reply, I’m sure this is the answer.

Just purchased 10.5 and can’t get past the above no matter what I try. I’ve downloaded the full installer for 10.0 and re-installed 10.0. Then I’ve tried both the 10.5 updater and then the full 10.5. Both report the same error:
An installation package for the product Steinberg Library Manager cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package ‘Steingberg Cubase Update’.

Any ideas what else I can try?

Ok, after many uninstall/reinstall attempts I finally got it the install to run by first uninstalling Steinberg Library Manager and then reinstalling Steinberg Library Manager from the “Additional Content” > “Installers” folder of the 10.5 full install download. What a pain.

Why do I get this error for every single update (point release)? What a pain.

Ive tried everything - just can’t get it installed. First time I’ve had issues with cubase. Time for a support ticket.

Sounds like I am experiencing the same pain. Not well planned out by Steinberg.