Installation & set-up queries

Hi there,

I Have installed Cubase 5 on my laptop and going to quickly I installed the french version.
Is it possible to rectify this in order to have it in English?

My 2nd question : I also have the Komplete 6 edition of Native Instruments, how do I work out step by step the VST plugins, etc…So that both ( Cubase & N.I ) can work together.

3rd and last question : Is it possible to either copy, or re-install Cubase on an external Western Digital hard-disk.
in order to gain space on my laptop

Sorry for all these questions I am a novice,

Thanks

You can install Cubase 5 as many times as you like. Regarding the language issue, I’d uninstall and reinstall to be safe.

/A

Copying Cubase probably won’t work, but you can install it anywhere you like. Not sure how an external drive would work performance wise, but it will work.

I don’t know about the language thing, if there is no language setting in preferences I fear you will need to reinstall.

As for the VST’s: You can install them one by one. You don’t need standalone versions, just VST. Install those to the Cubase/VST folder. If they’re VST2 (Which I think they are) I recommend you create a nice folder tree in the VST folder because this also determines how the instruments are sorted in the cubase VSTi list.