Installed only in 1 PC ?!?!??? Are you kidding me???

I just purchased Cubase Elements 10.512 and I’ve got to tell you, I’m pissed off. Why? Because I am working on 3 computers. One iMac, one Windows Laptop and a Windows Desktop. So, I installed the C.E. on iMac, but guess what? They didn’t allow me to install it on the other two computers. Not even to the Laptop. This is no right. What I have to do? To pay 3 times to have it installed it on the 3 PCs? I think this was my only attempt to start working with Cubase, and my last too, if this problem will not be solved.

You can either pay 3 times, or you can transfer the license to a USB-eLicenser. There is no problem to solve. That’s just the way it is.

cool thing is, if you buy another license you can connect the two computers and utilise the processing power of the two combined using VST system link

How can I transfer the licence to a USB-eLicencer? I’m a newbie and I don’t know how. Can you please explain it to me?

How can I do that? I have another licence from a sound card 2-3 years ago.

First, you need to purchase the USB-eLicenser. You can do this from the Steinberg Shop or from any other retailer. I’m not sure of your location. In the US, for example, Sweetwater sells it …

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SteinbergKey--steinberg-usb-elicenser-software-authorization-key

Then you use the eLicenser Control Center application to transfer your license from “Soft” to USB. Keep in mind, however, that this is not a reversible process. Once the license is on the USB you cannot switch back to a soft license. The USB needs to be plugged into whichever computer you want to use.

Yes, it is an additional investment. It’s still less expensive than two more licenses, though. Also, if you should ever wish to upgrade to a higher level (Artist or Pro) they NEED the USB-eLicenser.

Thank you! And another one question: With the soft eLicencer, can I uninstall it from my iMac and install it to my Laptop?

You can do a reactivation through your MySteinberg account if you want to switch to a different computer. I don’t think this is meant to be a regular action, though. For example, using this process on a normal basis each time you want to use a different setup. It’s more meant for if you get a different computer or if you make a major hardware change, reinstall an operating system, etc.

Pro Tools is the same, only one computer at a time. As others have said use the USB - ELicenser to work on more than one computer (but not at the same time)

And if you step up to artist or pro, the soft elicenser is not an option.

look in the manual for VS System link… you can even use two different operating systems if you want…

Thank you all! I may switch to pro, it’s 40% off this time.