Installing CB7 problem

Hi

I have used cubase for years (though definitely not an expert by any stretch), and I have just bought an upgrade cubase 7 as an upgrade from Cubase 4 from Digital Village, UK.

When I tried to install, it asked for Halion Sonic SE which I put in the drive. It then gives me this…

“Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. External component has thrown an exception.”

If I quit, then I get nothing afterwards obviously, if I click continue then it just hangs. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Oh, do I need to uninstall cubase 4?

No, it is not necessary. Both can live together on the same computer

Maybe there is a problem with your CD/DVD drive. Try to make an image of the Halionsonic DVD and mount it before installing C7. Even better, make an image of the C7 DVD too. You can use a free version of Daemon Tools Lite to mount the DVD images.

In case you encounter problems during reading the DVD’s to make images, then there is definitely a problem with your internal drive, or (quite unlikely) the DVD’s are faulty.

Good luck.

My CD/DVD drive works fine. Is it something to do with my elicenser? Ive had it plugged into the back of my pc (which isnt connect to the internet) for 4 years, and haven`t updated it since.

Should I attempt a clean boot?

Step 1: Start the System Configuration Utility

Click StartStart button, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

User Account Control permission If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
Step 2: Configure Selective Startup options

In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Selective Startup on the General tab.
Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
Note The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.
Click the Services tab.
Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
Click Disable All, and then click OK.
When you are prompted, click Restart.

I don’t think you have to go so far, but it is always a good idea to have the latest version of elicenser software installed. Just download it using another computer and install and run it once and do a maintenance. It may solve the problem.

Ok I did the clean boot and it all worked fine - all installed.

I have the dongle in the internet pc and it says the code has been activated and I can see cubase 7.5 as a license on it, but it doesnt recognise it on the studio pc.

“At least one elicenser could not be identified, because the local eLicenser Database (eLD) is out of date and needs to be updated via the internet. Please update eLD to update the eLicenser Database. An internet connection is required for this process. Also it is neccessary to quit all other applications before starting this process”

Why is this?

Thanks for your input so far.

oops sorry ipanema! Stupidly didnt update the eLicenser ont he studio pc. I`m in!

Problem solved!

Cheers guys.

Glad to be of help.