Installing Cubase 6 Upgrade to a New Computer

Question about installing the Steinberg Cubase 6 Upgrade from Cubase Studio 5 and Cubase Studio 4:

*I have my Cubase Studio 4 dongle and the eLicense number that I got off of it using the eLicenser Control Center.

*I no longer have the computer on which I had the Cubase Studio 4 installed. (It crashed and I discarded it.)

*I no longer have the Cubase Studio 4 disk.

If I purchase the Steinberg Cubase 6 Upgrade from Cubase Studio 5 and Cubase Studio 4, can I load it on a brand new computer despite not having the Cubase Studio 4 disk nor having Cubase Studio 4 loaded on the new computer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I’m pretty sure that the only component needed when you upgrade is the license for the old version (which would be on your dongle).

Other than that, you don’t need anything else.

Thank you, Shinta!

Hi there,

Sure, you don’t need the software installation of the older products. Our upgrades are actually full installations.
After (or before) the software installation you only need to upgrade the licenses on your USB-eLicenser. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Carlos. Will I need to have both the licenses on one dongle?

The update activation code will transform your Cubase Studio 4 license into a Cubase 6 license.