Installing Cubase 7 Trial with 6.5 already present

I’ve already posted this question in the Cubase 6 forum - but it was suggested to me that mod activity might likely be focused on this forum, which is why I’m reposting it here. Apologies for the double post!

I have Cubase 6.5.4 installed on my system/dongle. I’m having some weird issues that I’ve not been able to resolve - issues that I’ve already described in other posts and that don’t happen in Reaper or Studio One, which is why I believe that they are problems that specifically Cubase has on my system.
So I was thinking of giving the Cubase 7 trial a go and see if it would fix those problems. I’ve downloaded the trial, but I wanted to make sure that installing it will not mess with my existing 6.5 installation and license.
I’ve noticed e.g. that the installer was going to upgrade certain plug-ins such as PadShop and others that come with the standard installation of CB 6.5, and I’m wondering what is going to happen if I allow for those updates but the trial expires.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I have both 7.0.3 and 6.5.4 on my computer. I’ve kept the latter just in case version 7 had problems correctly loading older files, as someone reported (but fortunately I never actually experienced that.) 6.5.4 is still fully-functional. The plugin updates are simple bug fixes (Padshop had some preset issues that were solved by version 1.1.)

Thanks for the answer papi61!
One question though - are you using Cubase 7 TRIAL or the full version? My fear is that the trial (and it’s eventual expiration) might cause trouble. I know that technically both versions are supposed to be fine with being there in parallel - but what happens if say I upgrade the plugins, and then the trial expires? Will everything still be functional with my existing 6.5 license?

I’m using the full version. Plugin updates are also free for 6.5 owners, so I don’t think anything is going to happen to them.