Instrument Change

Hi,

when I change an instrument in a score, e.G. Clarinet in B to Clarinet in A, the name of the instrument doesn’t change in the layout of the part!

By the way: once as a beginner in Dorico I edited the instrument Violin, it became as default “Violine 2” in the instrument folder of Dorico. How can I rechange this? Screenshot.

Another thing: normally I close a window with cmd-W. Why in Dorico with cmd-shift-W??

Regards

Wolfgang
Screenshot 2017-04-13 18.08.24.png

To change the layout name, double-click the name in the layout panel of Setup mode.
layoutName.png

This bug was confirmed in another thread couple of weeks ago…

Wolfgang, to fix your ‘Violine 2’ problem, you need to delete the file userLibrary.xml which is found in your user-level application data folder. On Windows this is %APPDATA%\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico; on Mac, it’s /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico.

Provided you have not edited the names of your layouts, changing the instruments in the Players panel should cause the Layout names to update automatically. If they don’t, double-click the layout name in the Layouts panel and click the little reset button that appears there.