Instrument doublings in gallery view

Hi!
Today I have som questions about instrument doublings. :slight_smile:
I really love the player-philosophy but it gets a bit hard to navigate the score in Gallery View with many doublings on each player.

When writing for orchestra percussion players, each player often plays quite many instruments. This is, of course, no problem in Page View, but in Gallery View it gets a bit hard to navigate among all instruments since there aren’t any instrument names on each instrument. This is how I’d like it to be:

• Instrument names on every instrument to the left of each instrument (as all other instruments)
  • Sub sequent “small” names that follows when navigating the score on each instrument.

When it comes to the parts it looks a bit messy with all instrument names written out in the header. I don’t know how to do this better but maybe an option to just print out the player name. i.e. Percussion 1

/ Mats :slight_smile:

Doublings_2.png

The name at the top left in parts uses the layout name token by default, so it shouldn’t be too unwieldy; you can always rename the layout to see a different name.

You should always see the name of the instrument at the left-hand side of the view shown in blue above each staff in galley view.

I can’t get this to work. When adding instruments to one player all the instrument names shows up on the topmost staff for that player in Gallery View, not on every single staff. I can’t find any settings to manipulate this.

Heh, you’re quite right, Mats, that’s not working as it should. We’ll take care of that as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No probs Daniel! :slight_smile: