Instrument Filter Import?

I’m loving the instrument filters. I wonder if there’s an option to import/export them between scores? I often use a lot of the same ones, and also have aliases set up for them, so it can be a fair bit of work to get a score up and running. It’d be great to be able to copy this across from score to score. I realise this may be being addressed with however the Dorico team is intending to handle templates (as and when), but I thought I’d ask in the meantime. Thanks!

Any instrument filter presets you set up in a project are included if you save your project as a template. Saving a project template is described here:

However, there’s no way at present to import or export those filter presets between projects. It’s non-trivial because they are defined in terms of the specific instruments in the project, using their unique identifiers, which won’t be the same in another project.

2 Likes

Thanks for the thorough explanation Daniel, much appreciated. I wasn’t aware you could save custom templates (I’m a little behind) but that will work perfectly