Instrument filter overlay - possible to re-order staves?

Hi there, this might be more of a feature request, but let’s see what’s possible.

I’m working on a score with instruments in the following order - Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Trumpet 1, Trumpet 2 and Trombone. I’m often finding myself ‘exploding’ from the piano part into these staves. I generally want the trumpets to take the higher voices, so end up shuffling stave contents around. Not the end of the world, especially with the ‘swap’ command. But what would be helpful would be to be able to override the default order of instruments in the score, just for a given instrument filter preset. I know I can re-order the instruments in the setup view and move them back when I’m done, but this would be really helpful if it’s not incredibly complex to implement.

And if there’s a way to achieve what I want to do already, please let me know!

Thanks

Michael

You can’t do this with the instrument filters, but you can have a custom player order on a per-layout basis, so maybe setting up a custom layout with your alternate player order might be a good approach for now?

2 Likes

Thanks Daniel, that works ok. The slight fly in the ointment with this approach is that I’ve got doubling instruments, so it’s a bit of a fudge, but it’s decent enough for now. Thanks for the help!