Instrument order on a per-flow basis?

This question cropped up as a result of a conversion with an esteemed colleague: is there a way, or will there ever be a way, to change the player order on a per-flow basis (rather than using different layouts)? It’s not something I’d thought of trying to do until now.

I suppose one way would be to construct a project with an entirely new group of players in a different score order and use that group set-up in your new flow instead of trying to re-order the same players again from another flow.

At the moment re-ordering the players affects all flows (as far as I’m aware)

1 Like

Yes, we do plan to allow changing the order of players on a per-flow basis in the hopefully not too distant future.

1 Like

Great news! Thanks Daniel.

hi @dspreadbury is this implemented yet? I would like to change the order of instruments per flow

No, instrument order remains the same flow to flow unless one uses duplicate instruments and combines them in the player layouts.

chgOrder.dorico (494.1 KB)

2 Likes

Hi Derek - Excuse a novice here, but would you mind explaining how you created the layouts in the file you shared? I’ve tried to do the same thing, but in mine, the layout with “both” parts shows two staves in every flow, with one of them blank. How did you get it to show only one staff per flow?

Without seeing your version, I can only guess. (You flatter me to think I can remember back 24 days. :laughing:)

I suspect you may have missed how I only allowed certain players in each flow. If I guessed wrong, by all means check back.

1 Like

That was it! Thank you!

Hi Daniel,
Any movement on this?
I’m working on an operetta score where some of the pieces are orchestral and the vocal parts need to be placed above the string section, and sometimes they are either with piano or band and need to be placed at the top of the score. Currently I’ve got lots of versions of the same character to reflect the different score positions the staff needs to appear on I now have several staffs for the same character then have to manually edit out the added player numbers.
Is this fix still on the radar or have I missed an update?
Cheers,
Eve

As yet there’s no way to change the order of players on a per-flow basis, I’m afraid, Eve.