Instrument samples without release

Hello and a great weekend!

I am trying to create my own instrument with Halion 3, a harp. I recorded my samples, mapped them to the keys and key ranges and so on. Works so far (beside the fact that I did not find a way to convince Halion to automatically map the samples based on their pitch).

Now I am trying to adjust the instrument so that always the complete sample (more than 5 seconds) is played, there should be any premature release.

I found a way to increase the time up to 5 seconds, with the “Release Delay” knob, but this works only up to 5 seconds. What I would like to do, to simulate the real harp (without manual damping):

• There should not be any premature release, the samples should be played entirely
  • Unless the same note is played twice, in this case the sample should stop inmediately

Is this possible? And if yes, how do I do this?

Thank you very much!

Now I am trying to adjust the instrument so that always the complete sample (more than 5 seconds) is played, there should be any premature release.

Set the sample playback mode to oneshot.

Unless the same note is played twice, in this case the sample should stop inmediately

Go to your program voice management section. There you can set the key polyphony to 1. You could also use voice groups for that.