Instrument Sounds Not Loading Upon Opening Since Update

Ever since updating to the latest version of Dorico 3, I am having issues with the sounds loading for my projects; I have to reassign the instruments every time when opening a file to get the project to play back, which takes too much time for a whole operatic score. What could be the issue for this and how can I fix it?

Thank you!

Posting a short excerpt of the file in question (in your case maybe just a couple of measures) could help the Development Team or a fellow user respond to the specifics of your problem more quickly. Be sure to zip the file before posting.

Nina, it may also be helpful if you could attach a set of diagnostics, which you can generate by choosing Help > Create Diagnostic Report. A zip file will be created on your desktop: attach that to a reply here.

Hi Daniel, thank you very much! Attached is the diagnostics file.

The project just doesn’t load with sounds anymore, and I have to reassign the instruments to get playback every time I open it anew.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (973 KB)

The diagnostics don’t seem to show anything too obvious that would suggest why the sounds don’t load. If you start a new project and that does seem to play back correctly, then presumably the problem is limited to the one project you’re working on, in which case I would hope that going to Play > Playback Templates, choosing ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’ from the list and clicking Apply and Close would be sufficient to put things back on the right footing.

I checked, and that is the one that is selected. Even exporting the audio resulted in a file without sound… What can I do? It takes too much time to load the instruments anew every time I open the project, I’m not very happy with that option. It seems to be only that project, so I don’t think a re-install of the update would be necessary. What else could it be?

Try actively re-selecting that playback template, Nina. Open Play > Playback Template, then select ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’, and click ‘Apply and Close’ instead of just clicking ‘Close’. See if that kicks Dorico into life again.

That’s what I did, just to be sure, and it still doesn’t work…

Can you attach the project itself, Nina, or send it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de?

I will email it to you, thank you so much for looking into this for me! I appreciate it!

Hi, my version of Dorico 3.5.10 is not usable anymore : the VST instruments loading process hangs 70% of the time. Quitting crashes Dorico and the VST engine. This is a problem I was sometimes facing before but now this is getting worse and worse, a true nightmare. I cannot attach the diagnostic file as the file is too big (2.6Mo) : any email address I can use ? Thank you in advance for your support. Franck

Please send to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’. If still too big, I can provide you a link to my ftp site, let me know.