Last night I was having trouble recording on an instrument track.
So I deleted the track and created another, same thing.
It’s a Electra64 plugin. Sounds great with midi input. The notes I play get recorded. You can open the notes in piano roll and when you click on them they sound and you can hear them but when you play the track, no playback.
I took midi recorded on another track and put that on the track, same thing
I don’t have any midi insert but I was playing with arpache5 on the track I deleted.
What else is there between the track and playback?
And the notes playback when you click them but not when the cursor goes across them in playback.
A) Muting: The clip could be muted in the project
B) Routing: Do you have Control Room enabled? You could be hearing the notes in the Key Editor through the listen bus, but not on playback
C) Routing 2: Again, you could be hearing from the listen bus in Key Editor, but the outputs of the actual VSTi track might be assigned to wrong/no bus
I can mute and unmute the clip no change.
I didn’t enable the control room, not sure how to check.
So did further research.
Create empty project
Create instrument track, use any VSTi
Track plays back incoming midi with VSTi
Track Records perfectly but no sound on playback.
If I edit the recording notes playback when I click on them.
Then I created an audio track and went to record.
I get an error message that says too many tracks recording at once.
Every time I try and record audio same result.
My testing method was to create a blank project then add a track and try and record, check that the console and inspector are working etc. Had inspector/console problem previously but that’s been resolved by reinstall.
I created an instrument track that could play through and monitor but not playback and an audio track that had too many inputs error and couldn’t record.
Did that two days in a row, then third day after computer took a long time to come on updating windows everything’s working.
I used to not ever set windows update to automatic but I thought I would try it with 8.1