Instrument tracks with audio and MIDI io but no plugin

Just started exploring Cuabse Pro 8. Good stuff.

One thing I’m finding myself wanting is the ability to add an instrument track and set its input to a multi channel output of a previous instrument track. And also target its MIDI to said instrument track … this instrument track would basically have NO PLUGIN on it… but just act as a place for MIDI and the channel where the audio passes through…

I think doing this would do away with all of these crazy output channels as you add VST instruments and multi outputs… there really isn’t a reason for that to be like that across the board… user should have the option to have MIDI and AUDIO streaming through a single channel pointing to a Multi-output VSTi. i.e.:

Instrument track 1 - VEP5 - MIDI channel 1 - OUT 1-2 from plug
Instrument track 2 - no plugin - MIDI channel 2 - OUT 3-4 from VEP plug above…

this would cut down on the number of tracks considerably and also make automation and such simpler when working with multi out plugins like VEP.

Why would you need it? In VEP5 you need to set midi channels and you add multiple output in the mixer. I can only tell for Kontakt but I have 8 channels of audio (all with separate insert etc…) and I use X midi channels all going to a different internal rack instrument with a separate output. I would assume VEP would allow the same…
-1 for request as it is already there